A walk along the main streets will offer you the opportunity to find out traditional restaurants and cafè and to visit some of the pottery workshops unique to Sicily. The expertly crafted items are all garnished with traditional colours and different patterns that have been handed down from generation to generation.
Do not miss the chance to visit:
- religious buildings, such as the holy place of Letto Santo (high altitude: 1,000 metres )
- Ceramics Museum , Palazzo Trabia
- Ethno-anthropological Heritage preserved in the Civic Museum, Palazzo Armao
For a pleasant afternoon trip, we highly recommend the sites listed below which are all within a few kilometers of Santo Stefano di Camastra:
- the astonishing Parco dei Nebrodi's forest
- the archaeological site of Halaesa
- the open-air museum of Fiumara d'Arte and its eight huge sculptures created by well-known artists of contemporary art and all the nearby towns/resorts of North Central Sicily (Capo d'Orlando, S. Agata di Militello, Mistretta, Castelbuono, Cefalù).
Furthermore, due to its privileged location, it is very easy to reach within 1-3 hours the renowned Catania, Taormina, Messina, Siracusa, Agrigento and the Valle dei Templi, Villa del Casale of Piazza Armerina, Palermo, Trapani and the Saline.